Congratulation on passing your DPS exam!
Book an appointment below to pickup your Learner License Certificate.
5520 N. 10th McAllen TX 78504
Account must be paid in full
Students must have a zero balance to obtain their certificate.
How to pay balance:
- Pay when picking up certificate at Driving Zone
- Pay invoice sent to your email
- Pay by phone (956) 627-1393
Parent and Student must be both present to sign-off on certificate.
Health Safety Measures
Parent Taught Drivers Ed
Parent Taught Drivers Ed is alternative method rather than Driving School.
Students will complete classroom hours with DrivingQuest and the behind the wheel hours with Mom and/or Dad.
The instructor must be the student’s parent, step-parent, grandparent, step-grandparent, foster parent or legal guardian appointed by a court. A power of attorney is not considered a legal guardian. Additionally, a parent, legal guardian, or a judge of a court with jurisdiction over the student can designate a person to instruct the course who:
- is at least 25 years old;
- does not charge a fee for conducting the course; and
- has at least seven years of driving experience.
- The instructor must have a valid driver license for the prior three years.
Instructors cannot have:
- a conviction (including a probated sentence) of criminally negligent homicide
- a conviction (including a probated sentence) of driving while intoxicated in the last seven years
- had their driver license suspended, revoked or forfeited for traffic related violations in the past three years; or
- six or more points assigned to their driver license.
Impact Texas Teen Driver course –is a 2 hour course required after completing the 32 hour classroom course and 44 hours of behind the wheel training. BUT this course must be complete BEFORE the road test.