Parent Taught Method
As a result of COVID-19 we are now offering students the Parent-Taught method. This allows parents to certify driving hours.
Students completing driving hours via parent-taught are required to purchase a parent taught application guide (PTDE).
*Keep the receipt of this application. (first page)
Download and complete driving logs
The 30-hour and 14-hour log will be included in the link below. Please complete these documents by printing and filling them out. These logs will need to be submitted when you arrive for your driving test.
Complete Impact Texas Teen Driver course
Texas law requires teens to complete an Impact Texas Teen Driver Course (ITTD) BEFORE completing the final driving test.
Schedule Driving Test
Choose a time:
Health Safety Measures
Bring the following items
to your Driving Test
Parent Taught Drivers Ed
Parent Taught Drivers Ed is an alternative method to in-car driving hours with a driving school.
Classroom hours will be completed with DrivingZone.
Driving hours will be completed with Mom/Dad
The instructor must be the student’s parent, step-parent, grandparent, step-grandparent, foster parent or legal guardian appointed by a court. A power of attorney is not considered a legal guardian. Additionally, a parent, legal guardian, or a judge of a court with jurisdiction over the student can designate a person to instruct the course who:
- is at least 25 years old;
- does not charge a fee for conducting the course; and
- has at least seven years of driving experience.
- The instructor must have a valid driver license for the prior three years.
Instructors cannot have:
- a conviction (including a probated sentence) of criminally negligent homicide
- a conviction (including a probated sentence) of driving while intoxicated in the last seven years
- had their driver license suspended, revoked or forfeited for traffic related violations in the past three years.
Texas requires any applicant completing parent-taught method to also purchase a Parent-Taught Drivers Ed -PTDE application guide. ($20)
This fee is collected by TDLR and is NOT included in tuition of this course.
Impact Texas Teen Driver course –is a 2 hour course required after completing the 32 hour classroom course and 44 hours of behind the wheel training. BUT this course must be complete BEFORE the road test.